- 1Free Area
- History of Hyogo Prefecture
- The history of Hyogo is exhibited with themes such as “National treasure architecture” and “Buddhist image”. You can look for museum collection materials and history information from books and computers at the “Hyogo Library” that is attached to the museum.
- 2Free Area
- Exhibition/Workshop Room
- In the exhibition case on the wall, the museum exhibits materials with various themes four times a year.
The following themes are currently on display.
・Hyogo sky in the early Taisho period
・The Battle of Miki and Oda Kenchi
- 3Free Area
- Virtual Reality Theater
- You can see the scenes of Himeji Castle and the castle town on the large screen of 3x9m.
- 4Free Area
- Gathering Space
- You can experience the play of old days in the space with the image of old private houses.
Juni-hitoe (pure silk) and Yoroi-kabuto helmets are available for hands-on experience.
We will cancel the dressing experience for the time being. (Resumption date unknown)
- 5Charged Area
- We hold special exhibitions and special exhibitions four times a year.
- 6Charged Area
- Himeji Castle and its Town
- It is a space with an image of the atmosphere inside the castle tower, and it introduces the appearance of the castle and the castle town.
- 7Charged Area
- Festivals in Hyogo
- You can learn about various festivals passed down in the prefecture. While enjoying the festival’s atmosphere with sound, light and images, you can see actual Matsubara Yatai and Kakiuchi Danjiri.
- 8Charged Area
- The Children’s Museum
- As a material for children’s culture, the exhibition focuses on “Irie Collection” which is one of the best in Japan both in quality and quantity, so you can enjoy the world of children from the Edo period to the present day.